Realtime Closed Captioning
What is Realtime Captioning?
If your event is transmitted live or produced very close to airtime, then realtime captioning is the solution you need to make its audio accessible to all audiences. Realtime captions are delivered instantly, to anyone in the world who is deaf, hard-of-hearing, or watches live TV without sound, in the format of their choosing. Captionmax creates more than 55,000 hours of live captions annually. Turn on a TV right now, and there’s likely to be a show our Realtime team is currently captioning.
Who benefits from Realtime Captioning?
- Media and Entertainment: Live television, sports, news, and special event broadcasts
- Business: Meetings and events, web conferencing, training and development
- Education: Lectures, events, and commencements
- Government: Live meetings, special events, training and development
How does Captionmax help?
- Our full team of realtime coordinators are ready 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to oversee the live captioning of your event and assist with your every need.
- Captionmax’s proprietary live caption delivery system is compatible with all caption encoders, across all streaming and web conferencing platforms, and accessible on all devices.
- We offer multi-layered security, end-to-end encryption, and custom security profiles based on need.
- Each realtime caption writer prepares in advance of every assignment by researching and adding program-specific information such as names, terms, and lyrics to their writing software before the broadcast/transmission even begins.
- Is your audience global? We offer live translation in more than 100 different languages.
- Compliance with accessibility requirements such as ADA, WCAG 2.0 Level AA, and Section 508.
Pre-recorded Closed Captioning
What is Pre-recorded Captioning?
Captioning of pre-recorded media is the art of producing captions for non-live or pre-produced video by providing verbatim captions that (unless the dog chewed up the remote) can be toggled on or off by the viewer. Captionmax creates more than 15,000 hours of pre-recorded captioning per year.
Who benefits from Pre-recorded Captioning?
- Media and Entertainment: Broadcast, streaming, and web-delivered content and movies
- Business: Internal training resources, external content and media, marketing and product videos
- Education: Lectures, university events, e-learning content
- Government: Archived meetings, training resources, external video content
How does Captionmax help?
- Captionmax has provided industry-leading quality captions since 1993.
- We are here to help from start to finish. From standard closed captions to customized file exports adhering to the most exact style specifications, we can meet all your media accessibility and delivery needs.
- Our digital and physical security have been audited and approved by some of the most stringent security protocols in the industry, including Trusted Partner Network.
- Our project managers have decades of experience and are here to consult and manage any project, no matter the scope.
- Our expertly trained caption editors follow the industry’s highest quality standards and are meticulous in their research, ensuring precise spelling, grammar, punctuation, placement, and readability.
- Compliance with accessibility requirements such as ADA, WCAG 2.0 Level A and WCAG 2.0 Level AA, and Section 508.