Live Closed Captioning
What is Live Captioning?
If your event is transmitted live or produced very close to airtime, then live captioning is the solution you need to make its audio accessible to all audiences. Live captions are delivered instantly, to anyone in the world who is deaf, hard-of-hearing, or watches live TV without sound, in the format of their choosing. Captionmax creates more than 55,000 hours of live captions annually. Turn on a TV right now, and there’s likely to be a show our Realtime team is currently captioning.
Who benefits from Live Captioning?
- Media and Entertainment: Live television, sports, news, and special event broadcasts
- Business: Meetings and events, web conferencing, training and development
- Education: Lectures, events, and commencements
- Government: Live meetings, special events, training and development
How does Captionmax help?
- Our full team of realtime coordinators are ready 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to oversee the live captioning of your event and assist with your every need.
- Captionmax’s proprietary live caption delivery system is compatible with all caption encoders, across all streaming and web conferencing platforms, and accessible on all devices.
- We offer multi-layered security, end-to-end encryption, and custom security profiles based on need.
- Each live caption writer prepares in advance of every assignment by researching and adding program-specific information such as names, terms, and lyrics to their writing software before the broadcast/transmission even begins.
- Is your audience global? We offer live translation in more than 100 different languages.
- Compliance with accessibility requirements such as ADA, WCAG 2.0 Level AA, and Section 508.